NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF SHAKLEE PRODUCTS WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
PARTICIPANTS ENGAGING IN A WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM SHOULD CONSULT THEIR DOCTOR.
1. Eligibility: Shaklee 180® Healthy Weight Challenge (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. [Employees of Shaklee Corporation, HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Void in Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sponsor: Shaklee Corporation, 4747 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on January 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) ends on June 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”) and consists of six (6) “Monthly Entry Periods” as set forth in the chart below. Facebook’s servers are the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
|Monthly Entry Period
|Starts at 12:00 a.m. ET
|Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET
|Approximate Notification Date
|January 1, 2019
|January 31, 2019
|February 5, 2019
|February 1, 2019
|February 28, 2019
|March 5, 2019
|March 1, 2019
|March 31, 2019
|April 5, 2019
|April 1, 2019
|April 30, 2019
|May 6, 2019
|May 1, 2019
|May 31, 2019
|June 5, 2019
|June 1, 2019
|June 30, 2019
|July 5, 2019
5. How to Enter: To participate, you will need to have a Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram account (each a “Social Account”). Creating each Social Account is free but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions (http://twitter.com/tos), (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms) or (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Your account settings on the Social Account you use to enter must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your Tweets, Instagram posts, or comments to Sponsor’s posts are viewable by Sponsor.
You may enter on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter. Your entry (herein your “Submission”) must include the following content: your healthy weight progress and what you have gained from your healthy weight loss journey. You may describe your healthy weight progress by weight loss, change in measurements or clothing size. Your comment need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsor’s products or services. You may optionally include a photo. Sponsor will consider photos as part of the judging process, but they are not required to enter.
Specific Requirements for Each Social Platform:
Enter on Facebook: Visit the Shaklee Corporate Facebook page to look for Sponsor’s post promoting this Contest. Post your Submission as a comment to the Sponsor’s post.
Enter on Twitter or Instagram: Tweet or post your Submission on either Twitter or Instagram and include #Shaklee180Challenge.
By posting your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform. If your Submission conforms, it will be considered for a prize in the Monthly Contest associated with the date it is submitted, all remaining Monthly Contest and the Grand Prize Contest.
- The Submission must be in English; and
- If your Submission includes a photo, it must meet format requirements of the social platform used.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals who are referenced or appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may only be included in the Submission if entrant is their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not contain content created by a third party;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may upload fifty (50) Submissions during the Contest Period. Each Submission must be unique. Submissions received from any person in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to post the entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Sponsor’s Use of Submissions: Posting a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Winner Determination:
For Monthly Contests: After each Monthly Entry Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select one (1) entrant with the highest-scoring Submissions (a potential “Monthly Winner”) from among all eligible Submissions received through the end of the applicable Monthly Entry Period based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Submission Inspires others to reach their own healthy weight (70%); and
- Quality of Submission (30%)
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for “Submission Inspires others to reach their own healthy weight,” as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable potential Monthly Winner from among the tied entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to not select a Monthly Winner if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
For the Grand Prizes: Sponsor will consider all eligible Submissions entered during the entire Contest Period and employ the judging process as described above to determine the two (2) Grand Prize winners.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by private message through the applicable Social Account from Sponsor. Each potential Monthly winner will be notified on or around the dates listed in the chart above. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on or around July 5, 2019. Each potential Monthly Winner will be required to provide their name, date of birth, email address and mailing address within 3 days of the date winner is notified to claim the prize. Each Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”) and a Form W-9 (if the winner is a U.S. resident), which must be received by Sponsor within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize.
If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined time permitting, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
9. Prizes: TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES: A trip for winner and a guest (aged at least twenty-one years old) to Las Vegas, Nevada to attend the Shaklee convention July 22 – July 25, 2019. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Las Vegas, NV; three (3) nights’ accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); round trip transportation from the destination airport and hotel; access for winner and guest to the Shaklee convention; a one (1) hour long consultation with a personal stylist (all details about this consultation will be determined by Sponsor); $450 USD spending money that may be used for food and beverages; and professional photoshoot for winner only (all details determined by Sponsor). Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Winners are obligated to work with Sponsor’s travel agent to book trip immediately upon winner confirmation. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4,800. USD. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
SIX (6) MONTHLY PRIZES (1 awarded each Monthly Entry Period): A $500 USD Shaklee gift card (terms and conditions apply). ARV: $500 USD.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) Monthly Prize and one (1) Grand Prize per person. Monthly Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after winner confirmation.
Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of this prize constitutes acceptance of all of these terms and conditions, changes to which may be effected by publication at any time without prior notice. This prize is distributed by Shaklee to a consumer without charge under a promotional program. This prize consists of one $500 Shaklee gift certificate in the form of a credit of $500 Member Price in the winner’s Shaklee account. If the winner does not have a Shaklee account, Shaklee will assist the winner in establishing an account at no cost to the winner. The $500 credit may be used solely for the purchase of Shaklee products. The $500 credit must be redeemed within ninety (90) days of issuance. Redemption may occur in multiple transactions. The $500 credit is not redeemable for cash, and there is no cash refund for any unused portion. This prize may not be transferred to any other person.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., Instagram, LLC, Twitter, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel.
11. Publicity Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, province, likeness, photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state court located in New York City, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
15. Entrant’s Personal Information: Information collected from entrant is subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Policies: http://www.shaklee.com/us/en/privacy_security_policy.s.html or http://shaklee.ca/privacy/.
16. Winner List: Winner list to be posted on Shaklee HQ Facebook . Winners will also be contacted via email. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.